Saturday 24 January 2009

The day has arrived

It is finally here, my day of entry into Carmel. And how do I feel? Very nervous, a bit worried about things I shouldn't worry about and sad for my family. At the moment, my feelings are negative, and I see this as a suffering. I'm glad, because how could I feel complete joy when I am leaving my earthly family? Yet I have felt joy and peace. I expect it to take a while for me to adjust and not feel guilty about leaving my family. I entrust them to God and He will take care of them.

My friends, I will leave it there, as there is so much I need to do. Thank you for your support whilst I've been on this journey. You've been so faithful and I am grateful for receiving your advice. Hold on to your faith and trust in the Lord.

God bless.

Michelle

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I've just turned 27 and am entering Carmel on 24th January 2009. My first full day will be on 25th January, the Conversion of Saint Paul, of whose year this is and whose school I went to and sisters I loved. So I am depending on him to help convert me into a good Carmelite! I've wanted to become a nun on and off since the age of 11. Although I can't remember the moment I felt drawn to Carmel, I think it was partly because of reading about St Therese when I was 11 or 12. I feel I may have a natural inclination towards this way of life, altough getting up at 5.30 will not feel natural, I'm sure! I spent 2 weeks as an Aspirant in October 2008 and I loved it and came back feeling that I should go back and see if becoming a Carmelite is the Will of God and my route to holiness.

Saint Therese